Skip to main content

Beginner Guitar Lessons-The Guitar String Names

Beginner Guitar Lessons-The Guitar String Names

Numbering The Strings

Let’s quickly recap the numbering system for the strings of the guitar. The first string is the thinnest string, and you’ll count the strings in order, so the thickest string is your sixth string. Like the numbering system for the strings, learning the names is a bit counterintuitive because most people learn the strings from the sixth string to the first string.
String Numbers


The String Names

The name of the thickest string, the sixth string, is E. Moving on, the fifth string is A, fourth is D, third is G, second is B, and then the first string is E.
String Names
Remembering The String Names

Now you’re probably thinking there’s no way you can remember all these strings, and that’s what I thought when I started too. Eventually, I decided to come up with a silly saying to help me remember the names of the strings: Eat All Day, Go to Bed Early.

I’m sure this sounds silly to you, because it kind of is, but you can use any saying that helps you remember the string names. The other thing that will help you remember the names is realizing the outside two strings are both E, so you only have to remember the four strings on the inside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginner Guitar Lessons-How To Strum The Guitar

Beginner Guitar Lessons-How To Strum The Guitar Using A Pick I’d recommend you use a pick. But if you don’t have one you can use your thumb and your index finger instead to strum the strings. Some of things covered in this lesson are subjective, like how to grip the pick and the angle to strum at.

Beginner Guitar Lessons-Your First Guitar Chords

Beginner Guitar Lessons-Your First Guitar Chords Throughout this lesson, I’ll give you tips for your fretting hand to help keep your chords sounding clean and free from buzzing noise. I’ll also give you some extra tips that are more subjective, but can still apply to almost everyone. How To Read A Chord Diagram

Beginner Guitar Lessons-Two More Guitar Chords

Beginner Guitar Lessons-Two More Guitar Chords Remember everything we learned in the last lesson about fretting hand technique like relaxing, pretending to hold an apple, keeping your thumb on the back of the guitar neck, coming down on the tips of your fingers, and placing your fingers right behind the frets. The D Major Chord